it has been a faith-filled journey for me this couple of weeks, if not months since the start of Jan. I have got to give my time for the conference and the website roadshow, got to handover all my work yet at the same time looking around for my next job. Much energy is used up and there isnt time to think of other things.
Thankfully, the Lord is with me in this and I have received much strength and peace as I go through this. Together with bros n sis, their encouragement and support. It is very much needed and appreciated. The struggle of venturing out of my comfort zone and doing something that I am more suitable at, is not an easy one especially being accustomed to what I am very familar with. Yet, at the same time, know that I will not like my work much if I were to stay on and having to deal with all the negativity and office politics. It will not be beneficial for my soul and in keeping a clear conscience in the long run.
Thank God, He opened a door for me, there is this opening at Graceheaven (just stone throws away from my house! blessed, can save my transport costs) as a youth worker/case manager. There will be about 20-30 juvenile deliquent youths under my care which I have to 'follow-up', rehab till they are finally discharged from the home. I have eyed this job since I graduated but to no avail. The door was closed then. It happened as well that this job opening was not available just last week, the director offered me another position which is adminstrative in nature. I had already gone for a couple of interviews in sports-related jobs and even applied for moe but did not get PE. It is timely and seemed to me that the Lord has prepared me for this final outcome. Still there is the lingering question of whether I can fit well in this job especially I have not been in touch with my social work theories for close to two years since graduation. Definitely, will trust in His guidance and it will be His ministry literally as I do not think I can do well without His partnership : )
Hope to get the other aspects of my life right as well in the coming months, with all the on-going transitions, this is such a good opportunity to grow, re-build my foundations in Christ again..laying them well and thrive from there. Encouraged by our people also who consolidated our strength and unity as each discovers and pursues one step closer to what he or she wants to do, it will be a tough but yet enjoyable journey ahead.
1 comment:
Hey bro, very encouraged to hear your testimony about how God has guided you from your previous job to your new one. =D
Psalm 107:29-30
He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.
They were glad when it grew calm,
and he guided them to their desired haven.
Haha, just have this feeling that your sports experience will be a value-added asset to your working with youths! :D Jiayou, bro, for Jesus... gogogo!
Post a Comment