reminded of the bridge at mt kinabalu(above) as i climbed up the marang trail-start of the run near the foot of mount faber but it was just a short sprint up, not long.Interested in water sports: windsurfing and scuba diving, hope to start sthg soon for my unit ppl and frenz soon.
Using the little time I had, headed down to Tan Boon Liat building near tiong bahru. SKS bookstore is located there, it is a Christian bookshop, reali a lot of books more than tecman. At great prices, cheaper than tecman. Thank God, got myself the Message bible-NT/paperback size, cant find it at many places, answered prayer, only one copy left and a study guide for Hongtao.
Then went to vivo marche for eileen's farewell. Good time testing her, about how much she understands about us and we as well about her. Good food, corny jokes, we gonna miss this sister much as she moves on to jieyun's cg but pray that God will ctd to use her greatly over there and we will move on as well.
had been quite blessed so far in this job. Thank God for my colleagues, their dedication and commitment to take care,rehab the youths, the opportunity to make home visit, go to the juvenile courts a few times, attending the family conference there, even at kk also despite a new worker for a mth-plus only. Got to witness some very touching moments when the whole family is reconciled despite the wrongdoings that the child has made. Also got the chance to be directly involved in 'kettling', sthg like raising flags, just that you ring a bell to attract the members of the public to donate for the survivors of the myanmar cyclone. Going for school conferences tmw n on thurs. It is yet another new working experience for and seeing the tertiary bros n sis coming down tis sat to run the alive programme for the children. Thank God for all these experiences which I believe is something money can't buy and once-in-a-lifetime I will treasure and make it happen while I am still in this job. Who knows, some tertiary bros n sis could be my colleagues soon ha..if they are interested and if God open doors yet again =)
Then, had a great time catching up with jason and sharon. We talked like from 1830, all the way till midnight. I thank God for sending such great peers whom I can share my life openly and encourage one another to walk closely with God and run the race. Quite seldom do I have such opportunity to be vulnerable and in turn be refreshed as we sharpened each other through scriptures and our lives. No 'pai seh' or being polite but reali speak the truth in love. Powerful. Just pray that things will settle down soon for them. Oredi look forward to the next outing. It was great oso seeing derek back in spore. This brother never fails to refresh me by his faithful service even he has his own struggles at times, serving in Hope LA, foreign land by himself. It is a good thing that I am in this current job, can identify and connect with him how difficult it is to take care of youths and encourage each other on.
It was a fruitful long weekend =)
It had been some time since I felt this way. On saturday, I recalled bringing my boys for their inter-home soccer tournament at cck sports hall. It was literally 'david vs goliath'. They were no match against the boys from boys home who were so well-trained. But thank God for the opportunity to do some 'rallying' when the morale of my boys were so low. It was a dream come true as I used to wish that I can do that from the movies I watched like 'Coach Carter' and 'facing your Giants'. It is the first step towards one day I can coach a soccer youth team or other sports. That reminds me of the 'match of the season' next sunday, 25 May against the league title contender, 2024 at xinmin sec, 5-7pm. It is a do-or-break game for me, want to win back some pride after a heavy thrashing by them during a pre-season friendly. Will train hard and give my utmost!
No comments:
Post a Comment