I felt affirmed of my vocation after the service was preached about community service yesterday. An annual affair to get the church to get down to work to be more involved in community outreach. I was encouraged when one of the adult brothers testified about how he had contributed through volunteering and it happened to be at my home here some three years back.
The tertiary people are still contributing currently as well and had seen them giving tuition to our children for the past few tuesdays. Thank God for them, swee leong, huan yan, michelle, hongtao, crystal among the rest who had played their part.
For the past few days, I was pretty drained by the work here and the past few incidents at hte home were no coincidentally easy to manage and coped with. Sometimes, I was and am still tested, felt 'inferior' when compared to my peers. They seem to have all that they are looking for: credit card, cash, can just upgrade their hp, go for holidays easily etc. I find myself thinking: I can go for a comfortable and stable job also and make life easier for me, isn't it?
Why all the trouble to seek His purpose or do something related to what I study for my degree?
It is not as if I was a 'deliquent' of some sort, fell out with the family or school or society and needs to be given another chance. Just an ordinary folk who managed to survive this system and get a certificate
I had a glimpse, perhaps to all the dilemmas I am facing when I was listening to one of the residents at the home during one of my sessions with them. He mentioned that he had been praying, was not a believer and the Lord had delivered him from all the incidents that happened. I paused for a while before I can give a response. I thought to myself, "no wonder his case seems to be a difficult to manage, it should be clear-cut the boys home for him but how did he end up here at our place and go back school?" hmm..I know I have the answer when he shared that =)
For that moment, all the fire-fighting and negative emotions seemed to be overtaken by a sense of empowerment and refreshed in my spiritual man and felt the quiet affirmation from the Lord that it is worth it, my son, the work you are doing. I do not place you here by accident or because of mediocre performance or dissatisfaction from previous job, you are here for a purpose. I can still use you to do my will
That gives me the strength to move on and look forward to how the Lord can and will use me to stand in the gap for these boys who rightfully belong to Him, not me. They deserve another chance to stand up again provided they are willing to change and be guided. They definitely deserve to hear the Good News that our Lord promises to those who are lost or disregarded by their family and society. It is not just for the rich.
I am just someone to point, attempt to guide them to His ways and light. It definitely helps me to give and be hopeful likewise for ministry, for a many long period, not moving much. I believe I will have the answers soon. There is also the unventured potential of impacting more lives indirectly through different channels: media, sports etc or directly in available ministry opportunities.
I am still seeking for much direction and guidance from the Lord for the coming weeks. believe it will be exciting as I near the mark of 8yrs as a Christ-follower. A new chapter will unfold soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment