(from left: steff,leyi,shireen,eddy,jean,myself,boon yeong,yeuh siang,qiuyan)
my 10th one? in Hope..I have lost track..
seems that my history has been marked by a nomad moving around and seeing how I can contribute to the group I am in..'easily transferable' quoting the words of the leaders but my hope and desire is to settle down but do not think that is possible..I do not think I will get wed so early either, it is too 'distant' a thing for me despite all the up-and-coming couples who will be walking the aisle in the coming years
hmm, which makes me think, where will my destination be next?
hopefully is doing mission/community work overseas in southeast asia,not inclined to go peru,chile or ecuador..believe that our neighbors need the gospel as much as the south american people..praying for direction..
My 'Chronicles'
after conversion : SAJC group
2000-2003: NS group, went to bmt's, group with dingting and zhongyao
2003-2004: was in the pre-tertiary group with zhongyao and jason
2004-2005: was in nus west
2005-2006: was in nus 'east'/B
2006-Oct2008: was with guofeng all the way, restructured a couple of times
Nov2008 - : went to NG5, James' Unit
2011 - : church planting/humanitarian work?
After some deliberation, I decided to take the step to change cg. It is a big one for me cos I am the only one moving over to the new cg. I had felt belonged in my ex-cg over this 2.5 yrs but when the decision comes for the unit to be split by Nov, it was a difficult one. Yet at the same time, I was feeling rather comfortable in the previous cg. I hope to be closer to her as well, we can be in the same unit and give us opportunities to serve together. Thus I took the decision.
It is a group, some of whom have been pretty established in their careers, the average age is near and early thirties. I have seen a few around: yeuh siang, qiuyan and jean, knows that they are in Hope for many years. Jean is my new CL, a dynamic, spontaneous and outgoing gal. One of a kind, a stark departure from the structured and systematic way of leadership that I used to grow up with. New perspective. I have a new sheep and shepherd also.
I believe I have much to learn from their working experiences and how they manage the different aspects of their lives while keeping the focus on God and His kingdom. It is a new chapter for me, hope to run this lap well =)
Isaiah 43:18-19
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
No comments:
Post a Comment