Tuesday, February 03, 2009

response

I was pondering further over two things that I heard recently
One, my colleague was telling me yesterday that her brother has not found a job since his graduation last year. It was revealed to me that he was particular about his starting pay even though he has job offers. I cannot help but wondered, at times like this, such mindset is helpful or not. This is the case despite the job offer was a good one and closely related to his degree major but at a lower starting pay. I cannot help but wonder, does he know what he wants to do with his life other than knowing that the banks pay well? No bias against anyone pursuing a career in the banking sector but I think such consideration needs to be coupled with a dosage of reality, flexibility and willingness to be humble, be moulded and learn to advance in career the 'hard' way, less alone a fresh graduate after the years of classroom learning. An 'ivory tower' approach, living in an ideal world, is not helpful.
Two, there are some things that I read about in the internet world about my global spiritual family. One will be easily disillusioned,angry,negative and critical if one knows to the extent of the news but I do not wish to elaborate further about the details. I do not think that that is helpful by disclosing the details but trust that an official statement will be given soon. I had that struggle of feeling the negative emotions over the weekend but have come to terms with it.
The news are nothing new because men remains after all, fallible. The same thing applies to leaders and pastors. I have seen God's judgment upon my ex-leaders, how quickly they are removed from leadership, just like the example in Saul. He is sovereign in our lives, all the more his church, He will definitely address the unrighteousness and deliver His people in His time. One can take the easy route and criticise everything that they see but it might not be helpful in the long run. Our common enemy is sin and the devil, not one another. I have disregard for those who attempts to 'divide' the church,bring people with their exit instead of truly repenting and coming to their senses. It only shows forth the full extent of 'wolves wearing the clothes of sheeps', like the bad shepherd in John 15 who aims to destroy and steal despite them 'pledging' their allegiance to the family. How could a so-called family member do such a thing?
The response instead to ask is, if what you see is not good enough, will you choose to make things work?
One important lesson that needs to be learnt though is the need to be vigilant and keep our faith going despite such circumstances. All these only point to the inevitable fact that our Lord is coming back for us. As much as there is economic restructuring, think God is not sparing His church to be pruned and remove the weeds among us and prepare the bride for His return.
The church leadership needs to respond quickly also and cannot rest on its laurels especially with the internet world operating at a fast rate. News, be it true or not, spread to your congregation easily whether or not, you are aware of it. If not clarified soon, people will be confused and lose trust. There should not be anything covered up and hidden from them as well especially in exposing the sins of fallen people esp leaders and pastors. The Bible is very clear about this, from 1st Tim 6 and restoration and healing should be provided to the repented individuals as well. I do not think it will 'stumble' anyone by telling, if there is that case, then the hearer's faith is 'weak' and 'sheltered' and not complete and tested. Neither should we lament and dwell in our sorrows and not move on.
I find it disturbing, if the chance ever to happen in the future, we wear on masks and not allowed to reveal our struggles and being 'interrogated' and questioned for our motives, in disclosure to people whom we do not know despite pledging our covenant as a spiritual family. On the outside, it is all 'good news' and 'hallelujahs' to all our goals being reached but no one has the slightest clue to how you are doing in your private life,in your walk with God. Whether or not you need the support or listening ear. But slowly banished or left alone..how can one still stay on?
If anything, it should point to the need for Jesus to take control of our lives even more knowing how sinful we can be. The people in the Old Testament repent, fast and pray usually after they have disobeyed God, I do not think that we should do anything lesser.
At the end of the day, think God is most pleased with us living a blameless life, pursuing his ways and righteousness than just growing our cgs and reaching our goals (though it is important as well). That can be works, our act of worship in response to what He has done for our lives but it does not necessarily reflect our true spirituality.

No comments: