Wednesday, March 11, 2009

testimony of God's providence

Testimony of Boon Yeong(my cg brother)

It is a story of how the Lord refines and grows this brother's faith through a period of waiting and discouragement, and how the providence blessings of God comes forth in his life despite uncertain circumstances

March 08, 2009

I have the Lord with me for less than a year. I accepted Christ in March 2008. During this 1 year period, I have encountered many blessings from the Lord, but I would to share 2 significant answered prayers.

1) Purchasing house plan

From November 2008 onwards, I have been searching for house / condo to purchase at Johor Bahru. You can say I am preparing for my own home, or you can even say I am preparing for my next level of relationship progress with my girlfriend. Anyway, I have searched for few, but none of them meet my requirement. They are either too small, too costly or location is not good. I did not pray to God for His help to get the house previously. Until one night, I listed out all my house criteria in my journal and I prayed to God, each of it. I have 14 search criteria. I even asked Stephanie to pray for me, as I also list out my criteria to her (through msn messenger). The very next day, we found the condo that we been searching all these while, via house agent. And the amazing thing is God answered 13 out of 14 criteria that I had pray the night before. Wow…. My first impression is I was amazed because it’s just that yesterday night I prayed, and today we found our dream home. My faith towards God getting stronger, as I know God is in-control and I know that no matter how impossible things seem to be, our God will make a way for it, because He is the God of Possibilities. No matter how bleak the situation is, our good God will make a way for us. Our God want only the best things for us; not good; not better things, but the best! Because He has the best plan for you and me!

2) My career path (conversion from contract staff to permanent staff)

When I joined my current company (AT&T), I joined as a contract staff. After spending around 1 year in AT&T, my boss asked me to apply for permanent position in September 08 (I joined AT&T in Oct 07) because there is headcount available. I applied and been praying to God for this ever since. I waited for one month. No news. Then I waited for another month. Still no news. I got impatient and I even asked the cg members to pray for me. I was hoping that the conversion will go through in the month of December. But still no update when I checked with my boss.

In January, my boss told me that the conversion will not take place due to recession impact. I was dishearted at that point of time, because I has been praying to God all these while. How come God is not answering my prayer? Is it I am not sincere enough when I pray to Him? It takes me a while, before I cool down. Then I realized at such situation, having a job is considered very lucky, because there is so many people without job out there, and what make things worse, is they have a family to feed, especially small young one. At that point, I thanked God for providing me job, and secured it too. Why I still need to complain that God is not doing His work? I am sure He hears my prayers. But I believe God have much better plan for me. Greater plan I would say. Even though God does not provide me the conversion at that point of time, I still cling to God; still putting my faith to God to bring the good news to me. I still pray to God for the conversion job after that.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

In mid of February, my boss told me that there could be some good news. So I sms to the cg, and requested them to pray for me. The very next day, my boss handed me an offer letter of permanent position. I was so happy and delighted. I felt that whenever I asked the cg or other people to pray for me, the very next day, I will see / experience miracle. Same with the case of my condo purchasing plan. I am so encouraged that God really work His way for me. Previously the reason why God did not ‘approved’ my conversion, it could be due to the time is not right or He want me to learn something from it. During these 5 months period (Sept till Feb), I have learned to be patient, and learn to submit my plan to Him. Because I know that God is always in-control. God’s timing is always perfect, never too early and never too lat; just in time. Through this experience, I also learned to be thankful to God especially in the bad times, even in this bleak economy crisis, especially in US, the management still approved my conversion. God is working His way through this storm, and many will see the work done by God, as God will bring them to go through these difficult times together. The Lord has displayed to me His faithfulness and the work of His miracle.

Lamentations 3:22-23
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness

No comments: