Thursday, May 07, 2009

cg retreat



Our usual tradition of steamboat and bbq. Gosh its time to break the cycle! Think I had the most number of times of steamboat and bbq outings since I joined this cg in nov 08. Till date, 4-steamboat, 3-bbq over 6mths!

It was a great time of cg retreat at tanjong puteri over the labor day holiday. It has been a long while since I last had a retreat, more importantly, refreshed and recharged by it. Kudos to those who had taken the effort to plan for it despite last-min frenzy securing a suitable place because all the local chalets have been fully booked before we had any chance of finding one. It is amazing how God gave us a place at JB instead of in Spore because if we were here, we would have been forced to evacuate because of the flu thingy. The chalets were converted to house those quarantined.

Even though I joined the cg only on the second day, the initial fatigue and reluctance was soon superceded by the cg devotion time, praise and worship, fellowship and evening teaching. Everyone shared openly what they learnt from the Word and I was really sharpened in my understanding. It is important to know your call and purpose in life, be it at what life stage you are in and not be 'lost' in the fast-paced society of ours, losing our flavor easily. My eyes were open as well to see how God can use us to serve despite the issues we have especially for a number of believers who had been in church for some time. There is a renewed sense of heart and hope being restored to reclaim what rightfully belongs to His kingdom.

Really thank God for the many opportunities and space to serve in this new unit, be it planning bros' outings, teach and organise. Let His Will be done.

1 comment:

Moon said...

My God... that is alot alot of steamboat and BBQs... thinki i am oozing hotdogs from my ears and crabsticks from my nose!

I am also very refreshed aft the retreat. Initially i was super tensed... but am glad we made it through. God is good. now its time to put our hands into the fields.