Thursday, July 30, 2009

case conference

It is one of those external case conferences that I learnt the most from the interactions of various professionals and the parents of the children. It was supposed to be a difficult one that the mother wanted the special need boy to discontinue his studies and come out to work but the school came in to discourage her from doing so. They noted his progress over the years, highlighted his issues and explored the various options of job placement of varying degrees. When clarified further, it was the deeper worries surfaced that the mother has for the boy and her desire to see him learn to be independent and succeed before it is too late.
For a moment, I really appreciate the fact of what the teachers are doing and the extent that they go to empower the mother and the boy even though I am not a parent myself. The mother's love for the child goes beyond words, so persevering and considering the interests of the child and it sheds some light of the Lord's unconditional love for us =) I really think that it is through such interactions that I can learn the most, reminded me of meeting church ppl to discuss abt issues of the flock or be it through the court setting, advocating for the boy.Various individuals chipped in to give their perspectives and insights. You are a shepherd and a professional, being present and speaking up for what you are good at, have done for the individual and advocating, empowering.
I give thanks to the Lord as well for the wonderful time of praise and worship by Hillsongs last saturday. It was truly awesome! And to see some of my boys responded to Christ made it all the more worthwhile. Hopefully can follow up on them. Think that things are gonna to move quickly from now onwards. New cases, caregroup, job hopefully..may the Lord sustains me and give me much wisdom and strength!

1 comment:

yeu@nn said...

Wow! :D that's very encouraging! :D so glad to hear tt some of ur boys accepted Christ! Keep on letting God use u there... :D